A popular Czech dish, Vepřový řízek is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. They can also be eaten cold as a snack.
- 2-pound boneless center cut pork roast
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cut pork roast into 6 slices, each 3/4 inch.
- Pound each slice with the toothed side of a meat mallet until each is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Salt and pepper each slice on both sides.
- Lightly beat eggs to combine.
- Dredge each slice in flour and completely coat.
- Dip each slice in eggs and completely coat.
- Dredge each slice in breadcrumbs and completely coat.
- Pour 3/8 inch of oil into a large frying pan and heat until a pinch of the coating sizzles and floats to the top.
- Turn down heat slightly and carefully add one or two pork slices to pan (they shouldn't be crowded).
- Fry until golden brown on both sides, turning only once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with Lemon, Tartar Sauce, and Potato Salad or Boiled Potatoes