A favorite Czech snack, fried cheese is golden brown on the outside and smooth and creamy on the inside.
- 2 slices Edam cheese, each 1/3 inch thick
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- vegetable oil for frying
- Dip cheese slices into flour to form a light coating on all surfaces.
- Dip each slice into lightly beaten egg and coat completely.
- Dip each slice into breadcrumbs and coat completely, pat crumbs onto any areas that are not coated.
- Pour oil into deep frying pan to a depth of 1/2 inch. Heat to 375 degrees F.
- Carefully place slices in pan and fry on one side for about 20 - 30 seconds, or until golden-brown
- Turn and fry on the other side for another 20 - 30 seconds until golden brown.
- Serve with tarter sauce, boiled potatoes and salad.