(špenát se smetanou)
Thick and creamy, this spinach makes an excellent side to many traditional Czech meals.
- 2 packages frozen spinach
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Defrost spinach and drain
- Fry onions in oil until glassy.
- Add flour and cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Add cream and heat until boiling.
- Add Spinach and cook uncovered over medium-low heat for 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper, cook for another 10 minutes.